Saturday, May 8, 2010

It was only two years ago when i first picked up a camera. It is incredible to think that I have gotton from here [link] to here [link] I am really proud of myself. So many times I have been frustrated with so many things that I cannot even bring myself to explain, but I used photography to push through. I cannot imagine my life to be any other way than this. I cannot remember myself without a camera at my hip. It feels like nothing before I started even matters anymore, those memories were just filler and insperation for the filler. They had little substance, even though they have shaped me so much. Nothing matters anymore it seems than taking pictures. That is all I can ever think about anymore. I live for it. I want to get better, and I need to get better for myself, I really do.

When I was younger i was naive like any child, but I did think differently. While other kids were playing with their parent's cabbage patch dolls and playing house, I was concerened with books and images that I thought were beautiful. I drew, everyday. That was what I was then. My grandmother has two binders filled with my art from when I was young. They are old and dusty now, but I think I might pull them out tonight and look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment